The Latvian National Museum of Natural History will host a gladiolus exhibition from August 23 to 25, with about 100 varieties of gladiolus and their hybrids. The exhibition is created in cooperation with the Latvian Gladiolus and iris society.
Gladioli grow well in soils of different composition and can withstand both excessive drought and high humidity. Flowers have a very wide range of use. By regularly removing the old flowers, gladioli keep their splendor for a very long time.
The number of gladiolus breeders in Latvia is small, however, new varieties of gladiolus are created every year. In the world there is a great interest in the varieties selected in Latvia. The creation of each new variety becomes more and more complicated, because the criteria are more and more strict, but thus the newly created varieties are more and more gorgeous and durable.
Flowers will be brought to the exhibition by Laimonis Zaķis, Juris Bāze, Ilga Viņķele, Aija Stūrīte and others from the Latvian Gladiolus and Iris Society. During the exhibition, it will be possible to get advice about different varieties of gladioli, their selection and cultivation.
The exhibition opens on August 23 at 12.00
in the exhibition hall on the 2nd floor.
W. (23.08.) 12.00–17.00
Th. (24.08.) 10.00–19.00
F. (25.08.) 10.00–17.00
adults – 3,00 €
seniors, students – 2,50 €*
pupils – 1,70 €*
Tickets for exhibition are also available via Mobilly app.
- Ticket price is the same as at the museum's ticket office.
- Please note that free admission tickets, such as preschool-age (up to age 6 including) children, must also be added.
- Your ticket QR will be scanned at the ticket office.
- preschool-age children (up to age 6 including);
- students attending various kinds of special education classes, crisis centres, boarding schools, care centres, orphanages, psycho-social rehabilitation centres, and children’s care centres; residents of shelters and care homes; orphans; children without parents (upon presentation of status documents);
- mass media representatives who are reporting on museum activities (upon presentation of a press pass);
- staff of other museums (upon presentation of an institutional ID card or an International Council of Museums (ICOM) membership card);
- politically repressed individuals (upon presentation of status documents), including Ukrainian civilians;
- children under age 18 with any disability; adults with Disabled Group I status (and assistant) or adults with Disabled Group II status (upon presentation of documents);
- persons with invitations;
- holders of a museum entrance pass.
SIA „Jānis Roze” customer card 15% discount on special exhibitions (only at the ticket office; discount applies to no more than 4 tickets per customer card per visit).