Adults – 3,00 €
Students – 2,00 €*
Seniors – 2,00 €*
Pupils – 1,00 €*
Family ticket (1-2 adults with 1-2 children under 18) 20 % off admission
* ID required (student card, senior card etc.)
Free admission to the permanent exhibition and to exhibitions curated by the museum staff is available to:
- all visitors on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays – 30 minutes before the museum closes
- large families (upon presenting the Latvijas Goda ģimenes apliecība, “3+ Ģimenes karte”, the European Large Family Card, or other status documentation)
- preschool-age children
- the group leader in charge of students attending secondary school or an institution of higher education, or a group of adults (groups of 16-30 people)
group leaders in charge of primary school students:
- one group leader in charge of 5-14 primary school students
- two group leaders in charge of a group of 15-24 primary school students
- up to three group leaders in charge of a group of preschool-aged children
- students attending various kinds of special education classes, crisis centres, boarding schools, care centres, orphanages, psycho-social rehabilitation centres, and children’s care centres; residents of shelters and care homes; orphans; children without parents (upon presentation of status documents)
- student groups studying the living sciences, geography, or earth science at institutions of higher education in Latvia, who have scheduled a tour or activity at the museum
- mass media representatives who are reporting on museum activities (upon presentation of a press pass)
- holders of a museum entrance pass
- staff of other museums (upon presentation of an institutional ID card or an International Council of Museums (ICOM) membership card)
- politically repressed individuals (upon presentation of status documents)
- children under age 18 with Disabled Group I, II or III status; adults with Disabled Group I or II status (upon presentation of status documents)
- individuals assisting either: a child with a disability under age 18, or an adult with Disabled Group I status.
3+ Ģimenes karte / European Large Family Card
Free entry to the permanent exhibitions and to exhibitions curated by the museum staff
SIA „Jānis Roze” customer card
20% discount on the permanent exhibitions (discount applies to no more than 4 tickets per customer card per visit)
15% discount on special exhibitions (discount applies to no more than 4 tickets per customer card per visit)
AS „Tallink Latvija” Club One Card
20% discount on the permanent and special exhibitions (discount applies to no more than 4 tickets per Club One card per visit)
Free audio guide ( until 30th September)
The Riga Tourism Development Bureau Pass Card
50% discount on an audio guide in Latvian, Russian or English
National Blood Donor Centre privilege card
50% discount on the permanent exhibitions for the cardholder and a friend
K. Barona iela 4,
We are located in Riga city centre – within a 2-minute walk from Riga Central Railway Station, a 5-minute walk from the Freedom Monument, and 10-minute walk from the Riga International Bus Station.
We offer more than 20 themed guided tours on nature and environmental protection.
Excursions are led by a museum educator or a specialist in the respective field.
We offer tours in Latvian, Russian and English.
Explore the museum with an audio guide – choose a subject and your journey can begin!
The audio guide is a great aid in doing independent, in-depth exploring of the museum’s exhibitions. With the audio guide, your museum visit will be more enlightening and interesting. Audio guides are available in Latvian, Russian and English.
Audio guide prices:
Latvian 3,00 €
English 5,00 €
Russian 5,00 €
The Latvian National Museum of Natural History is located in a historical building that has been declared as a State Cultural Monument, yet the museum has been redesigned as much as possible to be accessible to people with reduced mobility and visitors with a baby carriage (i.e. the elevator from the first to the sixth floor). We are also gradually making other improvements (for example, we provide information in Braille, exhibit tangible items, etc.).
We strive to be open and accessible to all. For the convenience of visitors we have provided:
- a cloakroom with lockers
- wheelchair ramps
- an elevator
- a baby changing table
- a stand written in Braille (in the exhibition “Plants and Fungi of Latvia”)