The Latvian National Museum of Natural History will host the annual tomato exhibition from 17 to 21 August. More than 300 different varieties of tomatoes will be on display.
Every year breeders create new and more unusual varieties of tomato, constantly surprising us with their sizes, shapes, colours and flavours. The exhibition will showcase the latest tomato varieties developed by Latvian breeders, as well as well-known and world-famous tomato varieties grown by local collectors in their own gardens. With such a great variety of colours and kinds of tomatoes, everyone will be able to find and buy the perfect seeds to suit their liking, and then next year, grow them in their own gardens.
The following members of the "Tomāts" gardening enthusiasts' club will take part in the exhibition: Austra Zaļuma (Dobele), Darja Jureviča (Riga), Ludmila Kodzasova and Artūrs Vicups (Riga), Inese Andersone (Dobele), and the club’s long-standing partners – "Neslinko" farm (Ķekava). The above collectors will present classic favourite varieties derived from the gene pool of the tomato.
As is customary, during the exhibition everyone will be able to buy and order tomato seeds that have been registered with the State Plant Protection Service of the Republic of Latvia, as well as receive advice from leading Latvian tomato growers.
adults – 3,30 €
seniors, students – 2,80 €*
pupils – 2,00 €*
Tickets for exhibition are also available via Mobilly app.
- Ticket price is the same as at the museum's ticket office.
- Please note that free admission tickets, such as preschool-age (up to age 6 including) children, must also be added.
- Your ticket QR will be scanned at the ticket office.
- preschool-age children (up to age 6 including);
- students attending various kinds of special education classes, crisis centres, boarding schools, care centres, orphanages, psycho-social rehabilitation centres, and children’s care centres; residents of shelters and care homes; orphans; children without parents (upon presentation of status documents);
- mass media representatives who are reporting on museum activities (upon presentation of a press pass);
- staff of other museums (upon presentation of an institutional ID card or an International Council of Museums (ICOM) membership card);
- politically repressed individuals (upon presentation of status documents), including Ukrainian civilians;
- children under age 18 with any disability; adults with Disabled Group I status (and assistant) or adults with Disabled Group II status (upon presentation of documents);
- persons with invitations;
- holders of a museum entrance pass.
SIA „Jānis Roze” customer card 15% discount on special exhibitions (only at the ticket office; discount applies to no more than 4 tickets per customer card per visit).