Visiting the Latvian Museum of Natural History will be entertaining and educational experience. Various permanent and temporary exhibitions are open, and we take seriously responsibility to ensure visitor health and safety requirements, and to ensure a pleasant time at the museum.
From October 14 onwards all visitors from the age of 13 must wear a face mask or protective face shield during the museum visit.
Please refrain from visiting the museum if you develop signs of an infectious respiratory disease or if you are mandated to observe self-isolation, home quarantine or strict isolation.
The museum is open to visitors in keeping with the national rules on gathering and public events.
To ensure that your visit to the museum is safe, we kindly ask to follow these rules:
- During the museum visit all visitors from the age of 13 must wear a face mask or protective face shield;
- Please book your visit if planning a group visit (even if a guided tour is not booked);
- Please plan your visit according to the museum opening hours;
- In the museum follow the yellow signs and the instructions of the museum staff;
- Keep a 2 meter distance from others;
- Disinfect your hands;
- Please, if possible, avoid using cash at the ticket office.
* Free admission is available to all visitors on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays – 30 minutes before the museum closes.
For further information please click Visit.
- To ensure visitor health requirements some exhibitions might temporarily be closed due to a guided tour.
- To ensure visitor health and safety requirements some of interactive activities are temporarily closed.
- The exhibitions "Mammals of Latvia" and "CITES" are under reconstruction.
For questions regarding the museum visit:
You can reach us also in Facebook and Instagram.
We wish you a pleasant visit to the museum!