Palaeontologist I. Zupiņš presents a lecture covering:
- fossils – what they are and how to find them;
- the history of the territory of Latvia: its geographical location and environmental conditions;
- the diversity of sea dwellers in equatorial Latvia: corals, trilobites, cephalopods, sea scorpions, etc .;
- the Devonian period – the Age of Fishes;
- fish fossils found in Latvia;
- the origin of terrestrial vertebrates and their adaptation to life on land;
- unknown Latvian dinosaurs;
- ice age animals in Latvia.The lecture includes a computer presentation and a look at original fossils.
The lecture includes a computer presentation and a look at original fossils.