Visiting the Latvian Museum of Natural History in summer will be entertaining and educational experience. Various permanent and temporary exhibitions are open, and we take seriously responsibility to ensure safe and pleasant time at the museum. Please check the information below for successful visit planning.
* Free admission is available to all visitors on Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays – 30 minutes before the museum closes.
For further information please click Visit.
Open permanent and temporary exhibitions:
To ensure visitor health and safety requirements temporarily closed:
- Dynamic Geology and Rocks
- Evolution of the Earth and the Biosphere
- Mammals of Latvia (under reconstruction)
- CITES (under reconstruction)
- Some of interactive activities
The Latvian Museum of Natural History takes part in the Latvian Museum Association's campaign to encourage visitors to return to the museum, assuring them of the additional measures taken on behalf of public health and well-being. The campaign “TiekamiesTagad” (“Let's meet now!" or "See you now!") is accompanied by the internationally understood symbol for “Fragile: Handle with care”. The theme of this visual will be maintained in the hygienic and distancing posters displayed throughout Latvian museums.
In view of the spread of Covid-19 in Latvia and globally, we urge you to be responsible and take precautionary measures.
The museum is open to visitors in keeping with the national rules on gathering and public events.
Please refrain from visiting the museum if you develop signs of an infectious respiratory disease or if you are mandated to observe self-isolation, home quarantine or strict isolation.
To ensure that your visit to the museum is safe, we kindly ask to follow these rules:
- Please plan your visit according to the museum opening hours;
- In the museum follow the yellow signs and the instructions of the museum staff;
- Keep a 2 meter distance from others;
- Disinfect your hands;
- Please, if possible, avoid using cash at the ticket office.
For questions regarding the museum visit:
You can reach us also in Facebook and Instagram.
We wish you a pleasant visit to the museum!