Palaeontologist I. Zupiņš presents a lecture covering:
- the changes in environmental conditions in Earth's history;
- the changes in the chemical composition of the atmosphere, and the interaction between various organisms and the environment;
- geological processes and the Earth’s climate;
- paleoecology, and the reconstruction of environmental conditions and paleo-biocoenoses (methods and results);
- the geological history of the territory of Latvia (a brief overview from the aspect of the environment);
- the adaptation of organisms to different environmental conditions and changes, and some of the major stages of evolution;
- mass extinctions.
The lecture includes a computer presentation and a look at the original fossils most often found in Latvia.